Wednesday 14 December 2011

Sparkle this New Years Eve

'Tis the season for glitz and glamour. As the new year approaches any true fashionista plans the perfect New Years Eve outfit that will flatter and sparkle even in candlelight.

Normally, my NYE plans are a little last minute but this year, I was fortunate enough to be invited to one of Vancouver's infamous NYE parties. It'll be a lot of vino, music, great people, and tons of sparkle. I can't wait! I've been on the hunt for an outfit that is classy but with the right amount of scandal. No one wants to be stuffy on NYE but you also don't want to look ain't nothin' but a hoochie mama. If you know what I mean?

 {If it isn't too much to ask, I'd also like Chace Crawford as my date ;)}

After watching Gossip Girl (Riding in Town Cars with Boys) last week, I was seriously obsessed with Serena's (Blake Lively) strapless fringe dress. When the episode finished, I was on the computer scouting out how I can get my paws on that Marchesa dress. Did you love it as much as I did? The hint of purple fringe, the sparkle of the bow, everything was perfect.


Like many GG outfits, they are sold out everywhere within hours of airing the show and that is just what happened with this Marchesa Ombre Fringed cocktail dress. I think I phoned Holt Renfrew and Leone twice. Talked to two different people and both apologized over and over for not having a size 4 in that dress. :( Then finding out it was $5,500 didn't make me so sad that it wasn't available. By the time I went to Polyvore this message below popped up! :(  What am I going to do now?! This is very much an oh-woe-is-me moment ;)

{dress love <3 }

These are some of the runner ups.....

Urban Outfitters - $99.00

Top Shop - $350.00

{add some crazy shoes and make this dress perfect for NYE!}
Donna Mizani - $230

 {I love this dress!}
Alice & Olivia $612

I really should look at this as a good thing. With all the money I'll save, I can get awesome shoes and accessories to make my outfit - POP! 

xoxo, 
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment